Employee Engagement and Feedback Strategies
It is crucial to have committed employees and to know exactly what drives your team to give their best. Because they are the roots of your company culture and your success. We help you to develop a great employee feedback and engagement strategy. Whether it is a yearly engagement or a Pulse survey, we support you at every stage. Discover your areas of strengths and analyze them on multiple levels. Identify the source of problems and establish a healthy company culture. We help you to fully engage your employees. We offer:
- Clear execution structure and a proven record of success
- Validated, reliable tools and own Project-Engage Employee Questionnaires based on extensive scientific research
- Customize your own company-specific survey, tailored to your specific needs and requirements
- Professional Advisory Reports for deep insights
- Real-life Action Management
- Official authorization to issue Certification of Excellence 2020
Do you know how engaged your employees really are?
Do you know what your team needs to be successful?
Do you know how your colleagues feel and what motivates them to give their best?
Do you know how your organization can stay ahead of the competition?
If the answer to all these questions is yes - stop reading. You are already doing a great job and your organization is prepared for the future. Your employees are happy, fully engaged and love their company. Congratulations!
If the answer to any of these questions is no - don´t worry. We are here for you. We help you achieve these goals. We listen. We care. We have the right tools. We have the knowledge and experience. And we execute. Period.
Everybody is talking about employee engagement, work satisfaction, purpose, and motivation. But why do these topics matter so much?
- Because it is essential for organizations to establish healthy company cultures and to attract the right talents.
- Because it is essential to actively involve employees in the organizational activities to be prepared for the future
- Because committed employees feel connected to their organization, its goals and they intrinsically want to achieve them - they are willing to go the extra mile. And every organization needs such employees.
Let`s have a closer look at the actual scientific findings. Engaging your employees is indeed crucial and has a strong positive correlation to the overall productivity. For example, those companies that are able to actively engage their employees, have a 20 % higher performance rate than their competitors. Additionally, individuals are 87 % less likely to leave when they are engaged and feel like an active part of their company. Those organizations that accomplish this, are able to retain their high performers and are also highly attractive for new applicants. Thus, they are actively winning the hunt for talents and are staying ahead of their competitors.
Furthermore, a high degree of involvement leads to a heightened sense of group effort and increases the cooperation within small and medium-sized teams. As a consequence, individual and group tasks are accomplished faster and with fewer conflicts.
Not surprisingly, there is also a strong positive influence in private life. Individuals who feel engaged with their workplace, have an increased sense of well-being; commitment (r=.35) and personal accomplishment, they are happier (r= .34) and in general much more motivated.
So even though the facts are widely known - how can it be that only 29 % of today´s employees are fully engaged? And as high as 52 % are not engaged and the remaining 19 % are actively disengaged.
This is where we come in. This is our mission. We help our clients in every phase of their employee engagement journey. So that you can fully engage your employees and unleash their full potential.
We are experts at what we do. We are psychologists and have deep domain expertise and knowledge. We only use scientifically validated tools and testing categories, such as:
- Engagement and Competence;
- Work Task and Organization;
- Motivation and Drive;
- Leadership Abilities and Development;
- Innovation and Vision;
- Company Culture;
- Health, safety, security, and environment (HSSE) and Psychological safety
Through focusing on your needs and strategic goals, we tailor your customized and company-specific engagement survey.
Or you can simply use the standardized Project-Engage Employee Questionnaire (PE-EQ), which has been implemented in numerous organizations, municipalities and tested on tens of thousands of employees. It has all the important features covered.
You already have an employee survey in place, but you would like to have a second expert opinion? Or you have some questions about your employee feedback strategy? Reach out to us - we help you at every stage.
How it works
- We guide you through the process and add value at every stage.
- A regular employee engagement/feedback survey consists of 3+1 Phases.
- The duration for Phase 1-3 takes between 3-6 working days (In-House Consulting). The length depends on your company size, structure and desired depth of the project. We clarify this on Day 1 together.
- Phase 4 - The Action Implementation phase is optional. Depending on the results from the survey we help you with the implementation of concrete actions.
- There are two options for the survey: either use the
Project-Engage Employee Questionnaire (PE-EQ), which has been validated in numerous organizations and tested on tens of thousands of employees. Or we tailor your own company-specific Engagement Survey, based on your needs and strategic goals.
- We are proud to be able to give out certifications. Depending on the results, our clients can apply for the Certificate of Excellence.
- We are psychologists and we take the confidentiality of our clients very seriously. And of course, we are fully GDPR Compliant.
- Depending on your business branch and organizational size, Benchmarks are possible. This can be clarified at an initial meeting.
Phases 1 - 4
Phase 1 - Organisation
Day 1 - 2
Overall Goal: Development of the clients desired feedback strategy
A) INVESTIGATION OF THE COMPANY AND ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
- Clarification of key responsible persons
- Identification of subgroups and departments
- Clarification of available resources
B) IDENTIFYING THE OBJECTS :
- Identifying the purpose of the employee engagement/feedback survey(s)
in consideration with available resources and communication
- Clarification of the correct communication strategy towards employees and stakeholders
- Pre - Identification of Areas of strength and weaknesses
- Pre - Identification of Areas of Improvement (Strategic Goals and Purpose)
C) IDENTIFICATION AND CLARIFICATION OF TARGET POPULATION:
- Potential differentiation between work requirements (e.g. blue and white-collar)
- A decision on Feedback Strategy and Distribution of PE-PRA Questionnaire according to access possibilities of employees e.g. Online (Email /QR- Code / SMS / Link /... ) or Offline (pen-and-paper)
D) DEVELOPMENT OF QUESTIONNAIRE TO GET IN-DEPTH RESULTS:
- Depends on clients needs, goals and previous feedback strategy --> always with a focus on Future Action Strategy;
- use of established and validated Project-Engage Employee Questionnaire (PE-EQ) or
- development of clients customized questionnaire
- Recommendation: Focus on 4-6 Key Areas e.g.:
- Engagement and Enablement
- Work Task and Organisation
- Collaboration / Working Relationships
- Motivation and Drive
- Leadership Abilities and Development
- Innovation and Vision
- Development and Growth Abilities
- Company Culture
- Psychological safety
- Health, safety, security, and environment (HSSE)
- Based on your Input we tailor and verify your employee survey.
E) ADDITIONAL OFFERINGS:
- Translation into different languages (needs to be clarified beforehand)
- Questionnaire testing and validation
Phase 2 - Execution
Overall Goal: Adequate implementation of the feedback strategy
A) COMMUNICATION TO EMPLOYEES
- Actual Survey Answering Process
- Explanation of the Purpose / Intention of the survey. Usually, we are present during the Implementation Phase to create the right communication flow to the employees.
- We also create Webinars and Materials that can be distributed prior to the Execution Phase
- Clarification of questions / comments
- Assignment of contact person(s), in case questions arise during/after the survey period
B) PROCESS MONITORING
- (If necessary) Implementing strategies to increase the participation rate
- (If necessary) Follow-Ups and Reminders
- Ensuring GDPR Compliance
C) PRE-ANALYSIS / FIRST INSIGHT INTO UPCOMING RESULTS:
- Identification whether initial insight align with Stage 1 or whether changes might be needed in regards to Action Management (Phase 3)
D) ADDITIONAL OFFERINGS:
- Project-specific requirements
Phase 3 - Reporting and Action Management
Overall Goal: Analysis and Presentation of the Results
A) DATA ANALYSIS (BACK OFFICE)
- Descriptive statistics
- Identification of (possible) correlations
- Multi-level analysis and risk assessment
- Interpretation of results in each area
- Differentiation between the initial target groups
- Summary of results and recommendation with an in-depth psychological recommendation in official Advisory Report
B) SUGGESTED ACTION MANAGEMENT AND PRESENTATION:
- Management Reporting: Presentation of the results and advisory report with concrete action points to implement. These are chosen on three criteria:
- Cost-Efficient Implementation (Actions needs to align with the available resources)
- Short-and Long-Term Effectiveness (Implementation need to lead to successful and measurable results)
- Rational and Realistic Implementation (Actions need to align with the Organizational Reality, Employee Needs and specific Job Requirements)
C) PRESENTATION OF RESULTS TO EMPLOYEES (OPTIONAL) :
- Developing adequate communication strategy: How to communicate positive and negative results to employees and stakeholders
- Presentation of the results and Advisory Report to mid-management and employees
- Planning of concrete actions for each branch
- Internal and external communication strategy
D) PARTICIPATION CERTIFICATION
- After successful completion, our customers receive the official Participation Certificate
❖ Depending on the results, clients can apply for official Certification of Excellence
E.) MEASURING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF IMPLEMENTED ACTIONS (OPTIONAL):
❖ Deep dives (after 3-4 months)
❖ Rating of Effectiveness for Employees
D) ADDITIONAL OFFERINGS:
- Communication strategy to employees
- Communication strategy to the public (e.g. use of certification to increase the attractiveness as an employer)
- Project-specific requirements
Overall goal: Successful implementation of concrete actions
A) EXECUTION OF ACTIONS
This is a crucial part of a successful feedback project. Keep in mind that people want to be listened to But more importantly, they want to see that concrete Actions are implemented based on their feedback. We support you here in various ways. The actions depend on the results from the survey and your desired strategy. Examples include:
- Psychological One-on-One / Group Interviews
- Leadership Training
- Crisis Intervention
- Individual and Team Assessments
- Workshops / Seminars (e.g. Psychological Safety at Work; Stress Reduction; Mental Health and Well-being; Team Motivation; Transformational Leadership; Employee Engagement and Enablement; ...)
- Organization and participation in health days (with partners)
- Leadership and development programs
B) MEASURING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF IMPLEMENTED ACTIONS
❖ Deep dives and Pulses (after 3-6 months)
❖ Rating of Effectiveness for employees (short term: 3-6 months, long term: after 12 months)
Get in touch
Dr. Josef Scheuerlein
(Clinical and Health Psychologist)